Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Genesis


I wasn't feeling good. My back started to hurt and I noticed there was something different about my body. I couldn't pinpoint the feeling, because it didn't feel like a cold or flu, but a foreign experience that I tried to understand. When my period didn't come, I wondered, but didn't think much of it until a week later. I went with my gut feeling and decided on going to get a pregnancy test; while casually picking up a pregnancy test. My husband asked me to pick up ice-cream and I needed to pick up pictures; while I was out. What I discovered a half an hour later changed my life and I joined other new moms who chartered on unfamiliar territory.

I'm a newbie when it comes to pregnancy. With all of the strange aches, nausea, drowsiness, insomnia, no book ever gave me the complete run-down. How can they? Everybody's pregnancy will be different. But what I have enjoyed is to listen to other women who've traversed in the land of pregnancy for nine months share their stories. Those have been the most helpful. Pictures, E-P-T, and Ice-Cream is about sharing what I've been thorugh so that you can nod your head and secretly hope your experience might be slightly different (i.e. my three months of morning sickness) or secretly pray that it will be the same (i.e. the blissful second trimester). I'm no doctor...nor a midwife. I'm just one pregnant woman and soon to be mother who wants to share my journey with you. Enjoy the ride. Motherhood is truly an unparalled experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama