Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sewing Crush


I longingly read sewing blogs, wondering oh how long will it take for me to make my very own clothes. Although, I really shouldn't beat myself up too much, I have after all sewed an apron, three Christmas stockings, and oh yeah a stuffed giraffe with missing eyes. Then there was that top for Sweet Pea that was too shabby to be worn beyond the front door. Oh yeah, I also masterfully sewed three cute bags for my nieces. But one day, I will be one of those that can say, "Oh I whipped this up a couple hours I ago. I just love how the duponi silk feels against my skin!" Until then, I will continue to figure it out, bribe other seamsters to show me the secret to craft, and practice, practice, practice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Christine,

That is what it is all about; practice, practice, practice. Sewing is such a pleasure and I'm so glad that I finally pulled out my machine once again. I will enjoy teaching my children this "lost art."

January 11, 2010 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger christine mills said...

Practice is definitely the key as well as patience. But there's nothing that beats the sheer pleasure of seeing an item you created.

January 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama