Sunday, January 20, 2008

Your Birth Plan


"I do not wish to be given an epidural."
"I would like to have a mirror in front of me so that I can see the crowning of the baby's head."
"I would like my husband/boyfriend/mother to cut the umbilical cord of the baby."
"I want the baby to come directly to me after the birth."
"I would like my husband to pray for the baby before she leaves the room."

These are some of the many requests you can add to your birthing plan. Other examples include but are not limited to monitoring preferences, episiotomy preferences, and who will be included in your support team. If you haven't started working on one, the second trimester and the beginning of the third trimester is a good time to start thinking about what kind of labor/post labor you would like to experience. Besides, how clearly can you really think while you're in labor?

For a sample birth plan to get you started, check out www.birthplan.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama