Challenged to Fitness
I just finished reading the Michelle Obama interview in O magazine. I must say it was ten minutes well spent. I got nice and comfortable in my living room and read about our First Lady and walked away inspired to take care of myself better so that I can serve in a more fulfilling fashion. If you don't know by now, the First Lady used to wake up at 4:30 in the morning so that she could squeeze in a workout.
As mothers, our time is so limited and it's easy to spend all day not even carving out a 30 minute workout or to ensure that you are eating healthy. But we must take care of ourselves even if we might lose a little sleep. I listed a couple of workout ideas thal will make you recant that excuse for not losing the baby weight.
1) Jump rope for ten minutes.
2) Invest in some workout DVD's or rent them from the library.
3) Join a community gym.
4) Take your child or children out for a stroll in the park for 30 minutes.
5) Workout during your lunch break.
6) Play! Whether its rollerblading, sking, rock climbing, or bike riding, engage in an activity that makes you laugh and even perhaps feel like a kid again.
Whatever works best for you, start moving! You'll benefit from it and what's more you will be an example of fitness for your family.