Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Goodbye Natural Hair... For Now


Dear Natural Hair,

You have been there from the start of my motherhood journal. In fact, it was shortly after I cut off every strand of my permed hair, I found out about the soon-to-be birth of our first child. You were there when I went into labor and my Sweet Pea only knows mama with a puffy twist out, cornrows, braided extensions or an afro. But as Sweet Pea approaches her second birthday, I realize I need a new do. A sleek bob that can only come from .. alas a perm. That's right, my dear friend, I am saying good-bye to you ... for now. I will miss working out and not having to worry about curls or stepping into the rain and not worrying about my perm going bad. Add to that going swimming and not having to time it with the next relaxer or the cost of hair appointments. I will definitely miss being mesmerized by the curl pattern of kinky hair, how it is so unpredictable and spontaneous in nature. But as much as I will miss all of that, I miss that image I've had for much of my life with a bouncy bob or a short sassy pixie.

Perhaps our paths will cross again. Better yet you know we will meet again. This is my third time going on this journey with you. Until another 2 or 5 or even 10 years, stay beautiful and true.

In Afro Chicness,

Christine

1 Comments:

Blogger TMB said...

Very cute how you wrote to your hair hehehe ... Thank you for your nice comment =) ... My hair is a total nappy mess! I think I need get a perm to but to straighten it!

February 11, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama