Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I Read During Pregnancy...



And what I'm reading now.

During my last trimester, I'm happy I read Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block. Although, it aided in my paranoia with my upcoming labor, it made me aware of some unnecessary medical interventions.

During the first couple of weeks of waking up every two hours,for feedings and diaper changing, it does help to have a stack of magazines close by and light reading. Since I won't be hard pressed to read Faulkner at 3:00 A.M. with a crying baby. Along with my numerous issues of Domino, Essence, and Parenting magazines, I'm laughing my way through Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. Humor is definitely a sure way to get through pregnancy and motherhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama