Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My New Obsession...




...Sewing! That's right, I've joined millions of others who are sewing up their fashions. Well, I haven't actually started sewing much of anything, as of yet, but I am taking a sewing class that I'm really, really looking forward to engaging in with fellow students. I think empowerment was one of the reasons why I chose to learn how to sew. I grew tired of admiring articles of clothing and not being able to afford the hefty price and I thought...hey, why don't I just learn how to sew so that I can cut the costs down tremendously and still get what I want. Although, I have heard some naysayers say, "The amount of time you spend looking for fabric and sewing, you can just find the dress." Well, not really because I don't have time to be searching every mall looking for that perfect wool shift in my size.

Sewing seems to be another world, that I haven't really entered until now. My favorite blogs are the following:
www.thatssewlive.com
www.assortednotions.blogspot.com
www.missceliespants.blogspt.com
www.emilysews.blogspot.com

I also came across this great book on sewing baby's clothing, called Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler. Cute book for all the sewing divas out there. Just in case you don't believe me, the pictures shown above are the outcome of patterns located in the book. I'll keep you posted on how well I do with this new project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama