Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nursery Rhymes

"Mommy's having a baby. Daddy's going crazy. If it's a girl, I'll give her a curl. If it's a boy, I'll give him a toy. If it's twins..."

They're not twins. I was a little disappointed, because I started to settle on the idea of two. Two cribs. Two names. Having to go through labor only two more times. Babes and I carrying each child in our carrer. The novelty of having twins. Then the disappointment wore off as I thought of two crying babies. A drastic lifestyle change. God knew best and he knows what Babes and I can handle.

"So, it's definitely one." I asked, while the doctor did the ultrasound.

"Yes, there's definitely one."

All week Garfield and I anxiously waited for the results. If there were twins, we'll have to get a minivan. If there were twins we would have to sell more chicken wings. We were quite certain they were twins, being that they run in my family, but were a bit relieved that we can ease our way into parenthood without extremity.

After getting the news and seeing how big the baby had gotten (he/she is now a pea size and the sak grew from 5mm to 16mm). We got some ice-cream from Dairy Queen. I didn't want to go straight back to work, but wanted to live in the moment with the person who had as much to do with this pregnancy, as myself.

"So, what do you think? Are you disappointed?"

"Nah suh." Garfield said licking his chocolate dipped ice-cream. "At least there's one."

"Yeah, you're right."

Husband, wife, and child makes three.

Next week we were going to look for the heartbeat. I'm elated. I'm excited to see just how much bigger he has gotten and am secretly waiting for the belly bump to start showing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama