Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!



One of the biggest challenges I have faced with going green is that it is overwhelming. Let's face it, we're surrounded by toxins and radiation and sometimes I wonder if the little I do will ever make a difference. Sometimes I even go further and say, "Hey, my mom cleaned with bleach and ammonia for years and I'm fine." Well, I may be okay but think of the amount of individuals that have been affected by toxic cleaning products. My conclusion of the matter is that YES the little you do can go a long way.

A while back, I wrote about our choice to use cloth diapers, now six weeks later, we're still using them and they're nearly not as difficult as others said it would be. I also feel good knowing that our daughter is not exposed on a daily basis to the chemicals needed to make disposable diapers super absorbent. We also make a joint effort to use environmentally friendly cleaning products like Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products, which makes the house smell really fresh and not harsh.

Also, we really love Caldra's Sweet Pea laundry detergent for the baby. Yes, it's $16 but you need only a little to wash a load.

You may ask if my house is completely green. My answer is no. We still use mainstream products, but as I like to say, "The ancient Mali empire wasn't built in a day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama