Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year


I have taken a bit of a sabbatical. Having increased the pages per week for my two books, I have preoccupied myself with the joys of learning about invented characters and have reached a pretty great place in one of my books. I know where I'm heading and am hunkering down each day to make sure I get there as masterfully as I can.

Also, if you haven't picked up the Ebony Love Issue with Barack and Michelle, please do so. I love the giddy smiles set in black and white. It instantly transformed me to Diana Ross and Billie Dee Williams in Mahogany.

As the inauguration approaches, I'm interested in seeing how the day will impact the media, schools, workplaces, and homes nationwide. I wish I could listen to the conversations around the dining room tables or in the locker rooms, to find out what is being said.


Post a comment to let me know what this day means to you and whether or not you plan to participate in Obama's National Day of Service the day before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama