Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Collage Collage

I have a confession to make. I dislike the Chucky Cheeses of the world or any generic, contrived centers which lure parents to have their child's birthday parties there for convenince. The parents always seem so tired and the children are always overly hyper from too much stimulation and sugar that's usually served in a liberal manner all day long, or for as long as you have the space.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think there's something to be said about having a birthday party for your child at home with a homemade cake and activities loved ones carefully planned. I know, in a day when we think a giant mouse can ensure a great time, my perspective may seem out of touch. Well, on the flip side, there are a couple of parents who look for alternatives to the Chuckie Cheeses and Gymborees of the birthday world and may have the birthday party at a park, a children's museum, or a studio. The last of which, I completely love. In fact, I recently came across the company Collage Collage (http://collagecollage.ca/) and it kind of makes me want to move to Canada. It's part studio for children and part bookstore. Collage Collage has a gigantic table in the middle of the room for creating and guess what? You can rent it for parties. I know, I know, some of you are saying, "But where's the laser tag/jungling monkey/tramboline?" It's no where in site, but guess what...I doubt your kids would miss any of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama