Friday, June 17, 2011

And Then There Was Silver Sparrow


There comes a time in every person's life when you happen upon a book that you can't seem to put down. That used to happen to me throughout childhood, probably with every book that I picked up. But as you get older and at times have to read for that Public Policy class or loan documents, reading may not be as enthralling as it was before. But somewhere along the sea of books there comes one that brings you right back to your old eleven year old self, when you used to sneak away to the school library to finish just one more page of tale about a young lady in the 1800's who wore muffs as she walked down cobblestone streets.

I recently have a new favorite author, none other than Tayari Jones. I first heard of her through a friend in New York, she kept raving about her first book, Leaving Atlanta. The storyline didn't hold me, but here I am ten years later wishing, oh why did it take me so long to read her work. Very well written with developed rounded characters. She masterfully showed different sides of a character's situation and you walked away from the book understanding the reasons why the characters made the choices they did. Plus, she based her storyline on angle that's not usually represented in literature. It's definitely worth the purchase and a great addition to any home library. Kuddos to my new favorite author!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama