Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who Is The Black Girl on The Cover of Town & Country?

That was my question when I was at my local Whole Foods and I saw Shala Monroque on the cover of Town and Country magazine. I felt a level of pride as her bright face smile beamed with confidence as she effortlessly showcased her pink and black outfit. The new "It Girl" brought back memories of one of my favorite novellas and movies, Breakfast At Tiffany's by Truman Capote. Like the fictional character Holly Golightly, Monroque seems to be the girl about town or what Truman Capote considered as a swan. She has a mysterious past and just seemingly appears in the glittering social world scene. As glamorous as traveling to various locales and serving as a muse for fashion designers, Monroque knows that her time in the spotlight is fleeting. It will be interesting to see what her next chapter will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama