Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Couple of Recent Finds at the Library

A book for me and a book for you.

This is what goes through my mind when I'm at the library. I gush over all of the recent titles for me to read and gather as many as I can. Then, I make my way over to the children's section and select another ten books for my daughter.

This is one that she absolutely loves, Pecan Pie Baby by Jacqueline Woodson and Illustrated by Sophie Blackall



It's about a little girl having mixed feelings concerning the baby that will soon arrive.`My favorite part of the book was, "Some days I sat on my stoop thinking about all the years it had been just me and Mama." The wardrobe of the children were so stylish, I wish I had it when I was a kid!

The book for me, that I couldn't put down was Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style by Kate Betts. It was the perfect book to read while the rain poured outside and you just wanted to lay around the house. Betts writing style is very flowery and descriptive. A quick read and fashion eye candy that contained pictures and sketches of Michelle Obama's wardrobe.


Christine

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama