Wednesday, July 20, 2011

African-American Vegans

I always admire individuals who can take a stand against the mainstream. In today's society of more and more meat, sometimes its a bit refreshing to try an alternative avenue. Its' with this goal that I found myself in the vegan cookbook section of my local library.

I came across Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry and realized it hit a nerve. You mean, I could eat vegan and not give up tastes that I was so used to eating? I felt hungry when I read about the Black Eyed Peas Fritters and the Open Faced BBQ Temph Sandwich.





Then, I did some research of possible other individuals who knew how to season their vegan food well and not make it taste "healthy".




I came across another book, By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Woman Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat by Tracy Lynne McQuirter and quietly added it on my need to read list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama