Tuesday, October 9, 2007

You Make Me Want to Get Up In the Morning

I must say, the timing of my pregnancy have pushed me beyond limit. My total daily commute is over four hours a day. We opened a restaurant about five months ago, which is about forty-five minutes away. Needless to say by the end of the week, I am drained and I often wonder if I could keep this up, once the baby is here.

When the alarm disturbs my slumber at five in the morning, I just think about the new developments of the baby. I say to myself, "I'm one day closer to my next ultrasound/doctor's visit/weekly milestone." I wonder what will the baby do today, because everyday in baby days are monumental. The other day I was at the restaurant checking out blogs and all of a sudden I felt something around my rib. The baby moved over there and the heartbeat was so distinct, I couldn't believe it. It felt as if the baby's chest was in the front so the heartbeat was even more noticeable.

Speaking of heartbeats. The last doctor's appointment went from a muffled sound to a strong beat which could not be ignored. What a journey! I went from seeing a little flutter of life when he/she was about 7 weeks to hearing a strong beat that says Baby Mills is entering the world with all of his might. I sometimes pinch myself when I think of God's handiwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama