Friday, October 26, 2007

Reliving My Childhood

This may sound very superficial, but I can't wait to dress up my daughter. A part of me feels like she's going to be my doll that I can comb her hair, dress her in frilly dresses, and transform the guest room into a girl's girl room complete with pink, pink, and more pink. I'm reliving my childhood with my daugher and I don't feel guilty. Wasn't that how society prepared little girls to be caregivers by giving them little dolls and playhousee, to someday be a nuturer and a matriarch of a home?

I'm going to look about getting her a coming home outfit this weekend. I feel kind of bad that I haven't bought anything for the baby. I hear women going shopping that day they found out they were pregnant. It's now two days shy of nineteen weeks and I have yet to buy anything. I guess a part off me is waiting for the shower and the other part of me is just old practical Christine who stashes away money for investing in the future of the baby. I guess the latter is a better decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama