Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Ring, Or Not to Ring

I've heard stories of single mothers being very sensitive of not having a wedding band around their finger; while, walking around with a bump. Unfortunately, those around them made them feel even more undeserving of the pregnancy blessing. I've heard of pointed fingers, looks of shame, and hostility all because they made a choice to keep their baby.

Pregnancy brings about a host of misgivings and emotions much less to have to deal with inconsiderate people around you. Even pregnancy magazines rarely feature a woman without a wedding band placed securely on her left hand. Although, I'm married there are days I choose to go ringless. I intetntionally leave my wedding ring home because somedays I don't have the urge to wear it. My wedding ring is one of those extremely special items that I'm afrais to lose and if my gut feeling tells me not to wear it, I do just that. However, now that my stomach is peeking through announcing to the world that I'm with child, I sometimes second guess my opinion, not wanting to be a statistic. Then, I'll say to myself, "Who cares what they think?"

The point of the matter is that there is no perfect time to give birth, but you make do and trust that God will give you the wisdom and resources to raise this gift. In fact, pregnancy has made me more disciplined about my finances and choices in life. I embrace this new stage in my life, even with its quirks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



LrgImOnHipMama